Reserve Protocol in Iran

As you probably know, Iran’s real inflation rate is way more than what the government officials declared. It puts Iran in the top 5 high inflation countries in the world. Because of this “hyper-inflation”, the number of crypto enthusiasts in Iran is growing fast at an exponential rate. I believe The Reserve Protocol could benefit us as it is working out in Venezuela. Are there any plans to add support for Iran in your app?

1 Like

Dear MadeInMiddleEast,

I believe the Reserve team has currently not released any concrete plans to release the Reserve app in Iran. Nevin, co-founder of Reserve, did mention in the last community call that the vision is to expand the app to other countries - there just isn’t a timing yet. If you would like to listen to the latest community call, visit this link.

If you would like to see an overview of stores and countries where the app is already available, take a look at the Reserve directory.

The reason this is the case is because the app isn’t in a state to support very large amount of users yet. A lot of processes are currently still being done manually that should be automated before releasing the app to a wider audience.

I am sure you will soon hear some news about the app expanding to other countries. For now, you will have to wait and give the team the time to make the app scalable.

Best of luck in your inflation struck country. I can’t imagine how terrible it must be to constantly lose value of your hard earned money without you doing anything to cause it. The good news is that smart people are working hard to provide you with a solution. Keep your head up - a solution will soon be available.

Best regards.

1 Like