Nevin, thank you for your increase in communication and transparency.
I would like to add one topic that hasn‘t been discussed as far as i know. And i believe it ties directly into this new approach towards governance.
I do strongly believe, that Reserve should abstain from „playing the markets“. As in „selling high, (re)buying low“.
If you consider every RSR that is potentially available to Reserve, we are talking about up to hundreds of millions of dollars worth of coin. Depending on the future trajectory of the project, of course.
If Reserve needs funding, sell RSR. Simple and transparent.
Playing the markets for some extra cash is detrimental to holders:
- it puts unnecessary pressure on RSR during bull phases
- while doing next to nothing during bear phases
The only viable reason for a „buyback“ should be for the sole purpose of reducing the total amount by burning.
P.S. I am well aware that Reserve (so far) was a net buyer of RSR, but i believe my concerns are still valid.